Tuesday 4 May 2010

Personality

Personality is the stable characteristics that illustrate how individuals behave in a particular way.
Nature endows us with inborn abilities and traits; Nature is something that cannot be easily changed this is referred to people who behave as they do according to genetic predispositions.
Nurture takes these genetic tendencies (nature) and moulds them as we learn and mature. These people think and behave in certain ways because they are taught to do so which can be changed at any particular time.

Nomothetic Approach:
Nomothetic approaches view the environmental and social influences as minimal and view personality as consistent, largely inherited and resistant to change. Although they would not diminish the difficulties that measuring personality brings, it is possible to measure and predict the ways in which personality types would behave given certain situations.
Nomothetic researchers closely align themselves to studies that are scientific in a positive sense. Methods used by them are transferred from the natural sciences. Some psychologists get interested by describing and measuring characteristics and comparing individual’s scores.

Idiographic approach:
Idiographic approach was supported by Erik Erickson; it is a holistic and dynamic overview which enforces the idea that managers take into account a whole understanding of the individual at work. These are known as idiographic approaches and are particularly related in understanding motivation, career development and team relationships.






First report:

My first test claim that ‘‘No one on earth is exactly like you’’. This shows that my personality is one of kind, different, unique this is because the qualities I carry cannot be identified in any order person apart from me; therefore I am a boss of my own and nobody else.
In addition, my report describes my level of comfort with each of the eight mindframes, along with suggestions for using this information to achieve greater success in life and work.

Second report:

My strengths:

Creativity and imagination are crucial for tasks and roles that require producing something new and original. It is not only creativity that drives innovation, but also providing the right environment for new ideas to flourish.

These behaviours are important for roles requiring good analytical skills. When working with information or solving problems, it is important to evaluate and review critically and produce solutions that are rational, practical and based on evidence.

Understanding other people, being tolerant and sensitive to their feelings, and treating them fairly and ethically are important behaviours when working in direct contact with other people, such as colleagues, clients or customers.

Comparing:
By looking at both test it clear state in the first report that there is no one on earth like me and the second test elaborates more on why I am unique in my own way. It states what makes me who I am just in more detail instead of it being in a sentence. I kind of agree with the findings of test because I know those strength are my strength.

Yes because personally it convenient for me to complete and gives me the opportunity to express my opinion for various question which are asked, it made me realise some strengths that I didn’t think I had and the my weakness can be gain my total focus however questionnaire sometimes may not benefit for the company responsible for the questionnaires. Therefore questionnaires should be able to have multiple answers and a column at the bottom to state otherwise.

Conclusion:
The two approaches which have been identified are Nomothetic and Idiographic. Nomothetic and Idiographic both have their own uses into days corporate structures whether organisation or company.

Nomothetic measures specific perspective looking at the identification of traits and personality.
Idiographic dynamically enforces the idea for mangers to understand individuals in a company.
Also the test stated what my strengths and weakness are in my personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment