Tuesday 4 May 2010

Managing Performance

I was given the title employee of the month which recognises the employee who worked really hard, always arrive at work time and provide excellent customer services regardless of the work environment an example of this is being self motivated to work under pressure and still be able meet companies expectations. The reason why I found this effective was because for the month my name was posted on the wall and everybody recognises my achievement, it made me feel valued as an employee and my hard work has paid off. As a reward I received a voucher.

Read the article from The Times on mentoring. What skills do you think are required to be an effective mentor?

You have to be dependent, have a leadership skill, determined to work with all types of people, be an outgoing person, accept it when you are wrong and the fact you can be criticised, contain a skill of a team leader and be able to work in team. Also it’s a key to be able to transfer new skills and knowledge, creating better networking opportunities as well as helping them improve their product and in some cases even going into business with their mentor.

Identify someone from your college/university, school, work, social life who has been a mentor to you. How have they affected your life?

As a Christian, you are supposed to live a religious life, let it reflect on your life and follow the rules of the bible but I wasn’t doing that not that I didn’t know what to do as Christian but actually showing it. In terms of reading and quoting scriptures I was good enough but presenting me as a Christian was a speck of a problem. One church member had a leadership skill to hearten me to become a better Christian. This help me realise that, there is time for everything in terms of knowing how to dress appropriate for church. Other than that he was willing to support me financially and was determined to maintain me on course.

No comments:

Post a Comment